Thursday, August 23, 2012

                                                                 


            KEEP TAHOE BLUE!



                     My name is Farrah Chapman. I used to live in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Everyday of the year I am taken back by Lake Tahoe's beauty.

             When living there I found that preserving the large beauty was a priority by the locals. Keep Tahoe blue was everywhere and that blue bumper sticker is there stand. From the Sierra Mountain range to the second deepest lake in the US, Tahoe is a true fascination on it's own. I am even more interested in Tahoe because the bottom of the lake is still somewhat of a mystery. Made out of the glacier water run off from the Sierra's, the water has many elements of danger with the cold water temperatures.
              This has brought me to my blog. How was the land and lake formed? How does Tahoe continue to change? This natural beauty is filled with the wonders of physical geography and this blog will break down some of those wonders.


Photo's provided by Parker Alexander.

No comments:

Post a Comment